Find Us on Facebook!
Welcome to the Village of Fonda. We hope you find this site to be a great source of information. Check back often as new items will be added on a regular basis.
Additional contact information is posted at the bottom of each page as well.
All regular monthly meetings are held the 2nd Monday of the month. Special Meetings held when necessary, and announced as soon as practical.
Mayor - William F. Peeler
Trustee - Lynn E Dumar
Trustee - Timothy F Healey
Trustee - Walter Boyd
Trustee - Randy Wellman
Upcoming Meetings: Annual Organizational Meeting
April 01, 2019
Upcoming Meetings: Special Meeting
April 01, 2019
Water-Sewer bills to be mailed....
Water-Sewer bills are scheduled to be mailed on or about April 1, 2019. Payments will be accepted Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Village Office. 8 E. Main Street or by mail to PO Box 447. Fonda, New York 12068. If you have not received your bill by April 7th, please call the office (518.853.4335) to request a replacement copy.
The Spring 2019 Edition of the Village Newsletter, included in the utility billing along with the 2018 Water Quality Report, will also be available to view via the menu at left: "Newsletters", posted upon completion.
Be on the look out for an expanded version of our Newsletter a.k.a. Mayor's Report of the Village.....Coming Soon!
A property owner who has failed to receive his/her water bill in a timely manner is still responsible for the timely payment of water/sewer rents and any late penalty. An owner of real property has an obligation to be aware of the existence of water meter on his premises and take appropriate action to see that the meter bills are rendered and paid. An implied contract arises between the property owner and the municipality for use of water during the period for which he was not billed and the owner is liable for the unpaid water/sewer rents plus any late penalties. The meters shall remain the property of the Village of Fonda. Any damage to a meter sustained by reasons of carelessness by the owner, or his/her tenants of the premises shall be replaced by the Village of Fonda at the property owner's expense.
Additional information on water rates and policies can be found here: https://ecode360.com/30349709 (copy and paste in your search bar)
Montgomery County 2019 Rabies Clinic Schedule
2019 Montgomery County Rabies Clinic Schedule
Initial vaccination for dogs, cats & ferrets are due at 3 months of age, revaccination 1 year later, thereafter revaccination required every 3 years.
Veterinarian administration fee is $10.00 per vaccination.
PUBLIC HEALTH LAW REQUIRES DOGS, CATS AND FERRETS BE VACCINATED AGAINST RABIES
Pets not vaccinated in a timely manner may not be protected from rabies.
Pet owners revaccinating animals should bring the pet's last rabies vaccination certificate.
For more information on rabies call 518-853-3531 or your veterinarian.
** Vaccination is available free-of-charge to Montgomery Co. residents, but donations will be accepted to help defray program costs. Requested donation is $10.00.
Spring Cleanup Date set; Drop Off and Schedule Pickup
Spring Cleanup:for Village Residents only drop off items at the Town of Mohawk Annex S Broadway
Saturday April 27 and Saturday May 4th 7 am to Noon
Proof of residency is required. One Load Per Household will be accepted (No larger than a small pickup truck load)
No Hazardous Waste will be accepted; Regular Household Garbage is not accepted; PREPAYMENT of fees required for tire disposal
Allowed: Furniture, appliances, regular household items
Not allowed: stones, rocks cement, paint cans, 55 gallon drums, regular household garbage/recycling
UPDATE: Pickup dates are subject to change depending on DPW priorities
Large Item Pickup Information:
Help Wanted: NYS Building and Fire Code Enforcement Officer and Board member(s) to serve on Joint Wastewater Treatment Facility Board
The Village of Fonda is seeking individuals who would like to
serve in future appointed positions available on the Fonda Fultonville
Joint Wastewater Sewer Board.
are made by the Board of Trustees for the Villages of Fonda and
Application may be received from and delivered after completion to the
Village Clerk by
8 E Main St, PO Box 447, Fonda; preferably before November 13, 2018
and an opening is currently available for a qualified NYS Building and Fire Code Enforcement Officer, part time, as needed basis
Details of this position are available on our Employment page located here: https://villagefonda.digitaltowpath.org:10193/content/JobCategories
Seasonal Reminder-Who needs a building permit???
Building Permits Required: Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (b) of this section, a Building Permit shall be required for any work which must conform to the Uniform Code and/or the Energy Code, including, but not limited to, the construction, enlargement, alteration, improvement, removal, relocation or demolition of any building or structure or any portion thereof, and the installation of a solid fuel burning heating appliance, chimney or flue in any dwelling unit. No Person shall commence any work for which a Building Permit is required without first having obtained a Building Permit from the Code Enforcement Officer.
Reroofing any building requires a Building Permit and compliance with Chapter 15 of the Building Code of New York State with one exception, where an existing roof consists of one layer of asphalt shingles that are in satisfactory condition to be used as a base for a 2ndlayer of asphalt shingles, a permit is not necessary
(b) Exemptions. No Building Permit shall be required for work in any of the following categories:
(1) construction or installation of one story detached structures associated with one- or two-family dwellings or multiple single-family dwellings (townhouses) which are used for tool and storage sheds, playhouses or similar uses, provided the gross floor area does not exceed 144 square feet (13.88 square meters);
(2) installation of swings and other playground equipment associated with a one- or two-family dwelling or multiple single-family dwellings (townhouses);
(3) installation of swimming pools associated with a one- or two-family dwelling or multiple single-family dwellings (townhouses) where such pools are designed for a water depth of less than 24 inches and are installed entirely above ground;
(4) installation of fences which are not part of an enclosure surrounding a swimming pool;
(5) construction of retaining walls unless such walls support a surcharge or impound Class I, II or IIIA liquids;
(6) construction of temporary motion picture, television and theater stage sets and scenery;
(7) installation of window awnings supported by an exterior wall of a one- or two-family dwelling or multiple single-family dwellings (townhouses);
(8) installation of partitions or movable cases less than 5'-9" in height;
(9) painting, wallpapering, tiling, carpeting, or other similar finish work;
(10) installation of listed portable electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation or cooling equipment or appliances;
(11) replacement of any equipment provided the replacement does not alter the equipment’s listing or render it inconsistent with the equipment’s original specifications; or
(12) repairs, provided that such repairs do not involve
(i) the removal or cutting away of a loadbearing wall, partition, or portion thereof, or of any structural beam or load bearing component;
(ii) the removal or change of any required means of egress,or the rearrangement of parts of a structure in a manner which affects egress;
(iii) the enlargement, alteration, replacement or relocation of any building system; or
(iv) the removal from service of all or part of a fire protection system for any period of time.
(c) Exemption not deemed authorization to perform non-compliant work. The exemption from the requirement to obtain a building permit for work in any category set forth in subdivision (b) of this section shall not be deemed an authorization for work to be performed in violation of the Uniform Code or the Energy Code.